IMPORTANT GENERAL INFORMATION – PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE REGULARLY FOR ANY UPDATES
(1) The results of each section AND presentation of awards will be announced at the conclusion of that section, BUT prize winning bands are again reminded to ensure that they have an adult representative to accept and sign for awards and trophies. Band Officials are further reminded that they sign and accept the trophies on the basis that they are insured and kept in safe custody for a period of TEN MONTHS (To be returned to the Regional Trophy Officer by the 11th January 2019 – or on request).
(2) There will be no EATING, DRINKING OR FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEO TAPING OR RECORDING within the performing areas, ALSO please ensure all MOBILE PHONES REMAIN SWITCHED OFF WHILST IN THE PERFORMING AREAS.
(3) As the current rules preclude the use of a system of pre-draw, to assist bands to plan their visit as in previous years, the committee have again utilised a split draw system for ALL SECTIONS EXCEPT the CHAMPIONSHIP SECTION, Band Secretaries have been advised by email of the split draw. Draw Delegates are requested to be present 15 minutes before the draw time to receive all contest information. The draws will then take place at the precise times stated.
4) 30 BANDPERSONS WRISTBANDS – are available from the Contest Control Room at each venue, on the day of the Contest to be collected by the person holding the Delegates Draw Card, please retain the Delegate Card to obtain the remarks at the conclusion of the section. Wristbands must be shown before players will be allowed on stage to play; these wristbands will also allow Bandsmen into the auditoriums.
5) There are Lift facilities at the Civic Hall for disabled persons. Bands are requested to advise the Contest Controller at either venue, if they will be requiring any assistance for disabled persons
6) Large items of percussion (already advised) are being provided for the use of competing bands and maintained on stage at both venues, by Mr Adrian Evans and his team. Please hand in the enclosed percussion plan at the appropriate Draw. Bands are to use these items supplemented by their own equipment, as required by the score, but are reminded that the four-minute rule will apply.
7) Please note that the Car Park adjacent to the Civic Hall is PAY & DISPLAY and the wardens are very strict. There is ample parking at Nicholas Chamberlaine Technology College and coaches for either venue are asked to park at the College. Please note the College Car Park gates will be closed at 7 p.m.
8) Bandpersons wristbands can be shown to access either The Civic Hall or Nicholas Chamberlaine College and the general public on production of a purchased Nicholas Chamberlaine ticket will be able to collect a ticket free of charge to access the Civic Hall, and Civic Hall general public ticket holders can also do the same at Nicholas.
With best wishes to all the Bands competing at the Midland Regional Championships 2018
Lesley Bentley – Regional Secretary