The 2019 grading tables of the Midlands Regional Championships are now available online here
Please see the following links for further information about the 2019 competition.
It is with great regret that Roger Webster has had to withdraw from adjudicating the Championship Section of the Midland Regional Contest in Sunday 11th March due to an illness.
With Roger`s help the Midland Regional Committee have been extremely fortunate to secure the services of Steven Mead to share the box with Graham Jones at the Championships next month. Our grateful thanks and appreciation go to Steven for stepping in at the last minute and our very best wishes go to Roger for a speedy recovery.
SUNDAY 11th March 2018 – THE CIVIC HALL, BEDWORTH – CHAMPIONSHIP SECTION – 12 Bands
Full list of entered bands in the Championship Section here
The draw will take place in the Contest Control Room at 12.30 p.m. and the section will commence after the Second section results have been announced – APPROXIMATELY 2.00 PM
Adjudicators- Professor Roger Webster & Dr Graham Jones
SATURDAY 10th March 2018 – THE CIVIC HALL, BEDWORTH – FIRST SECTION – 18 Bands
Full list of bands entered into the First section and split of draw can be found here
The FIRST DRAW will take place in the Contest Control Room at 10.00 am, and the band drawn number one to be on stage to commence at 11.00 a.m. with the National Anthem. The SECOND DRAW will take place at 12 noon.
Adjudicators – Messrs Richard Marshall & Paul Norley
SUNDAY 11th March 2018 – THE CIVIC HALL, BEDWORTH – SECOND SECTION – 10 Bands
Full list of bands entered into the Second section and split of draw can be found here
The FIRST DRAW will take place in the Contest Control Room at 9.30 am, and the band drawn number one to be on stage to commence at 10.30 a.m. with the National Anthem. The SECOND DRAW will take place at 11.00 am
Adjudicators – Messrs Ian Brownbill & Chris King
SATURDAY 10th March 2018 – NICHOLAS CHAMBERLAINE TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE, BEDWORTH – THIRD SECTION – 17 Bands
Full list of bands entered into the Third section and split of draw can be found here
The FIRST DRAW will take place in the Contest Control Room at 10.00 am, and the band drawn number one to be on stage to commence with the National Anthem at 11.00 am. The SECOND DRAW will take place at 12 noon.
Adjudicators – Messrs Chris King & Ian Brownbill
SUNDAY 11th March 2018 – NICHOLAS CHAMBERLAINE TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE, BEDWORTH – FOURTH SECTION – 24 Bands
Full list of bands entered into the Fourth section and split of draw can be found here
The FIRST DRAW will take place in the Contest Control Room at 10.00 am and the band drawn number one to be on stage to commence at 11.00 am with the National Anthem. The SECOND DRAW will take place at 12 Noon
Adjudicators – Messrs Paul Norley & Richard Marshall
IMPORTANT GENERAL INFORMATION – PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE REGULARLY FOR ANY UPDATES
(1) The results of each section AND presentation of awards will be announced at the conclusion of that section, BUT prize winning bands are again reminded to ensure that they have an adult representative to accept and sign for awards and trophies. Band Officials are further reminded that they sign and accept the trophies on the basis that they are insured and kept in safe custody for a period of TEN MONTHS (To be returned to the Regional Trophy Officer by the 11th January 2019 – or on request).
(2) There will be no EATING, DRINKING OR FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEO TAPING OR RECORDING within the performing areas, ALSO please ensure all MOBILE PHONES REMAIN SWITCHED OFF WHILST IN THE PERFORMING AREAS.
(3) As the current rules preclude the use of a system of pre-draw, to assist bands to plan their visit as in previous years, the committee have again utilised a split draw system for ALL SECTIONS EXCEPT the CHAMPIONSHIP SECTION, Band Secretaries have been advised by email of the split draw. Draw Delegates are requested to be present 15 minutes before the draw time to receive all contest information. The draws will then take place at the precise times stated.
4) 30 BANDPERSONS WRISTBANDS – are available from the Contest Control Room at each venue, on the day of the Contest to be collected by the person holding the Delegates Draw Card, please retain the Delegate Card to obtain the remarks at the conclusion of the section. Wristbands must be shown before players will be allowed on stage to play; these wristbands will also allow Bandsmen into the auditoriums.
5) There are Lift facilities at the Civic Hall for disabled persons. Bands are requested to advise the Contest Controller at either venue, if they will be requiring any assistance for disabled persons
6) Large items of percussion (already advised) are being provided for the use of competing bands and maintained on stage at both venues, by Mr Adrian Evans and his team. Please hand in the enclosed percussion plan at the appropriate Draw. Bands are to use these items supplemented by their own equipment, as required by the score, but are reminded that the four-minute rule will apply.
7) Please note that the Car Park adjacent to the Civic Hall is PAY & DISPLAY and the wardens are very strict. There is ample parking at Nicholas Chamberlaine Technology College and coaches for either venue are asked to park at the College. Please note the College Car Park gates will be closed at 7 p.m.
8) Bandpersons wristbands can be shown to access either The Civic Hall or Nicholas Chamberlaine College and the general public on production of a purchased Nicholas Chamberlaine ticket will be able to collect a ticket free of charge to access the Civic Hall, and Civic Hall general public ticket holders can also do the same at Nicholas.
With best wishes to all the Bands competing at the Midland Regional Championships 2018
Lesley Bentley – Regional Secretary